-- Download Tips & Best Practices as PDF --
Emotion Sensor® Creation
- Ask questions to relate emotionally with the audience.
- Use suitable emoticons/emotive themes to reflect the emotional responses.
- Same emoticon should not be used for different emotional responses.
- Keep the Emotion Sensors® short and simple.
- Make sure every question is required and relates with the previous answer.
- Use /skip logic based on the responses.
- Use feedback themes (open ended questions) to drill down into the details.
- Give top of the mind responses.
- Questions should provoke the emoter (respondent) to give the response.
- Use simple language.
- Add translations when necessary.
Emotion Sensor® UI Design
- When web embedding the Emotion Sensor® as a pop-up, reduce the font size of the responses than the default size.
- Pick contrasting colors to identify the responses so when viewing the analytics, differences can be seen better. Recommended colors for a 5 point-likert scale response palette:
- #008000 (positive response 2)
- #ADFF2F (positive response 1)
- #FFFF00 (neutral response)
- #FFA500 (negative response 1)
- #FF0000 (negative response 2)